February 26, 2014Hi everyone, this is Molly! I just got done holding my rooster. Why was I holding a rooster? I am training him to be nicer to us. He means a lot to me because he is my RoosterBaby! Today we will talk about school, water drought and our goals. Oh and before I end this paragraph I just wanted to say that I am sorry that I didn't have an article last week. I was out of town at a livestock show in Paso Robles, 6 hours away. So this week I will just write about last week and a little about this week.
Okay, last week in class we worked a lot on angles, types of triangles and other shapes. We also learned different types of polygons. Then we had a test on this. I don't know how I did yet. We gave our President's reports to the class. My report was on President George W. Bush.
Recently I finished reading the book "Wonder", written by R.J. Palacio. I think this book is great for all ages. After reading this book you will definitely feel a change in your life. I will try to summarize, I am not good at summarizing because I end up telling about the whole book. This book is about a fifth grade boy who is ordinary except his face is deformed. He has been homeschooled his whole life until this year because of surgeries and being sick. Basically the story talks about his experience in the fifth grade and other people's point of view about him. This book helped me to look at people who have special needs without being scared and understanding what their life is like. Sometime we look at people the wrong way and this book will help you not to do that. Definitely from a score of 1-10, I would give this book a 100! It goes off the chart.
As you all know California is in a drought. Here are some suggestions on how to help our state:
1. Pray for rain.
2. Only take a 5-10minute shower.
3. Don't take a shower every day.
4. Don't waste your water. If you are done drinking your cup of water you can pour it onto a plant.
5. Limit your luxury baths (that idea came from my mom).
6. In between washing your hair turn off the shower to wash up and then turn it on to rinse off.
7. Instead of washing away dirt from your porch just sweep it away.
8. Don't wash your cars or trucks.
9. Recycle your water into your garden or plants.
10. Make sure you do not have leaks.
11. Instead of watering your yard everyday please try to water only a couple days per week.
12. Make sure your dishwasher and washing machines are full before turning them on.
My goal for this week is to take shorter showers. I hope you will too. My other goal is to stay on top of my homework because I have a busy week.
Beep Beep I'm a running Roadrunner writing all day!