VC FFA members earn California State FFA Degree
March 12, 2014Each year, the California FFA Organization honors FFA members who show the utmost dedication to the organization through their desire to develop their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. The California State FFA Degree is bestowed up on a select group of students in recognition of their years of academic and professional excellence.
The Valley Center FFA is proud to announce that the following members have earned their California State FFA Degrees.
Jenifer Marshall, Senior: VC FFA Vice President, Market Swine, Breed Chickens, and Agricultural Mechanic Projects.
George Nicholas, Junior: VC FFA Reporter, Market Swine and Market Beef.
Tabetha Witchell, Junior: VC FFA Treasurer, Market Beef, Breeding Swine, and Agriculture Mechanics Projects.
The Valley Center FFA Members had to meet the following requirements as stated by the National FFA Organization.
• Received a Chapter FFA Degree.
• Have been an active FFA member for at least two years (24 months) at the time of receiving the State FFA Degree
• Have completed at least 2 years (360 hours) of systematic school instruction in agricultural education at our above the ninth grade level, which includes an SAE.
• Have earned and productively invested at least $1,000, and have worked at least 500 hours outside of schedule class time through an SAE.
• Demonstrated leadership ability by performing 10 parliamentary law procedures, giving a six-minute speech on a topic relating to agriculture or FFA, and serving as an FFA officer, committee chairperson, or committee member.
• Have a satisfactory academic record, certified by the agriculture teacher and the school principal or superintendent.
• Participated in the planning and implementation of the chapter's Program of Activities.
• Participated in at least five different FFA activities above the chapter level.
• Complete at least 25 hours of community service in a minimum of two different activities.
The Valley Center FFA members will be attending a California State Degree Awards Banquet on March 15, 2014. They will be presented their California State FFA gold pin and certificate. VC FFA Members will be joined by their family and friends.