Source: Valley Roadrunner

Residential fire claims garage

January 23, 2014

A garage fire raged on the morning of Jan. 16 on Los Hermanos Ranch Road. Crews from the Valley Center Fire Protection District spent much of the day containing the blaze, which was started by some power tools left unattended in a home workshop. The two-story garage structure was entirely destroyed as a result of the fire, but fire crews were able to save the house. The homeowner was not injured.

“We had a good response time, everybody got up there, everybody did what they were supposed to do,” said VCFPD Chief Harold Rodriguez.